Monday, February 16, 2015

The Teacher

Hello blog. Long time no see. 
I’ve left you untended and each time I went to write I couldn’t compose the amount of things I wanted to share so instead of picking something to write I didn’t write at all. Lazy, I know. 

Life flew by in a whirlwind. In October, I went to Guam and then I went on a 4 day hiking trip. I got sick… and then I got sick again. I missed a lot of school. I got a whopping ten tardies which landed me in Saturday school. I joined debate. I turned 17 years old. I started listening to KPOP which I never thought I would say. I went to FUJI-Q for a Physics field trip. I crochet a scarf in Home Ec. I struggled in Physics and Pre-Cal (which I ended up dropping) There are so many different things I did these last few months and unfortunately I spent a lot November and December sick. But alas, we find ourselves in February and I am finally leaving the nausea and fatigue behind me. 

During Christmas break, my family came and visited and it was so refreshing and spiritually encouraging. I am so grateful for my family and how we can grow together in God. It’s such a blessing. I mean not to be totally dramatic or anything, but I felt so alone in my physical spiritual support system. I think I underestimated how sheltered I was in a Christian home environment. It is so different being the outsider. And it’s also a huge blessing. To hold the Truth that breaks the chains of bondage, I mean that’s a BIG deal. But there were definitely moments that instead of remembering that my Commander knows the battle plan and that I’m just a mere soldier, I tried to get a glimpse of that plan. I wanted to what each movement would entail. I took on a pressure that a) I couldn’t handle and b) didn’t need to handle. 

God is not only our Father, but our Teacher. Through my unfaithfulness and unrelenting desire to peer into His plans He faithfully taught me that I don’t need to be strong. His patience astounds me. He is slow to anger and allows my unfaithfulness to be a time where I can see just how much I need His directions. If there is anything I know my Father has tried to show me these last few months is that I do not need to handle it. I do not need to stay strong. Not only do I not need to do it by myself, I can’t. When we grow weak and weary, He is strong. 

2 Corinthians 12:10 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I might me weak, but my God is strong and this is just me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment