Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

 


Happy Mother's Day!

 
Mother's day is a day of gratitude and appreciation. My mother is a woman of God and I am always so grateful she raised me in His light. Single mothers are my heroes. On this day of joy there is also sorrow. It seems that nowadays so many woman are suffering from infertility and I can't even imagine the grief possibly felt on this particular day. Infertility is close to home as my aunt was unable to have children of her own. But, oh did the Lord provide. Adoption isn't a common option in Japan, but somehow my aunt pursued this option. Long story short, my aunt has a baby and I have a baby cousin that is nearing the age of one years old. His arrival is a testimony of God's supernatural power. God is so good! My cousin's arrival is another blog post, but as this was my aunt's first mother's day I was reminded of how this life was brought into my family.

 I had a wonderful weekend with my family-just the three of us. My sister is in college and I am leaving in... 17 DAYS!!! Life is so short and these moments that we can spend time together is getting limited. Today, we went to church and then went shopping and when I got home I was exhausted. As soon as I got home I wanted to collapse, but I had intentions to make a cake for mother's day so I slaved in the kitchen to make a Mother's Day cake. I like to decorate cakes and bake, BUT I can't bake anything. I've made many different cakes and all of them have had at least some kind of failure. If it was cute then it was inedible. It's kind of a joke among the three of us of how I can never quite create a cute AND edible cake.
 
Well, today I finally did it. With the help of a Japanese cake mix, I made a very delicious cake. We had matcha powder so I decided to make a matcha cream cake with strawberries.
 
 

It tasted ah-mazing! Also it was my little way of saying "Thank you" to my mom.
 
I made the banner using paper and a needle and thread. It's close to free and adds that extra to the cake.
After all the baking disastrous I have had it is finally nice to have had this cake turn out delicious(Japanese box cake ftw). It was such a nice weekend and the message at church was such a new profound revelation. Our family devotion was also lovely. I have 17 days left and during my last week’s here I hope to strengthen my relationship with Christ with my mom and sister. I feel so peaceful and all my anguish just isn't even comparable to how big God is. In Psalms 46:10, it says "Be still, and know that I am God..." This has been my anthem this past week. It is such a blessing to serve a living God.
 It was a refreshing weekend and I even went shopping! Happy Mother's Day and this is just me

No comments:

Post a Comment